Saturday, January 21, 2006

Replication Mode

Lately, i have started using local mail file replica than to use my mail box in the server. They are actually for some good reasons.

One is to avoid the network traffic that i would be generating when i access the server each time for my mails. And the other is, i can do all my work related to my mails fast when am in disconnected mode or say replication mode. I would set a auto-replication every 15-20mts so that only at the time of replication i use my network and rest of the time leave it for others :)

I am thinking this way.. If everyone in the organisation does the same way as mentioned before a lot of network bandwidth can be saved and used for some other useful purposes.

Notes/Domino allows this to happen.. So why not take vantage??

No comments:

Post a Comment