Tuesday, February 21, 2006

LAUG 1st Meeting

So i have attended the 1st Lotus Asia User Group Meeting in Singapore. I initially thought this group was there for quite sometime and i missed many of their meetings. Luckily, i didn't miss any as this is the first one. Seems that there used to be a Notes user group in Singapore long time before but it remained silent for whatever reasons.

Today, the group is rejuvenated again by conducting their first meeting @ Springleaf tower. Happened to meet couple of IBMers too and shared my opinions - i was a bit emotional when arguing IBM has to do more than what it is doing when taking the technology to the management. It was certainly not to just hit IBMers, infact we as developers also have to play a key role when we build/showcase applications to customers.

But my point to IBM is, if customers are not choosing Lotus Notes/Domino as their platform how do i develop apps using that as platform. Of course, I have to do my bit to go,push,argue with my customer base that - look these are the list of things this platform (Notes/Domino) can offer , now you show me a platform which can do all this in one single box. Mine stops there. I can do that and am doing it. But i think its very hard for me to have access to their senior management and convince them.

Right, i am asking IBM to play that role cos i know only IBM can do that. They can talk to corporate/government agencies about the role Lotus can play inside their organisations.
I know that day is not so far and will come soon, and i am sure IBM will do that.

Meanwhile, i hope that i can participate regularly in the LAUG monthly meetings and hopefully i can contribute something back to the community. Thank you very much Stephan for making this happen and thanks to all attendees.

After all, i love this IBM Lotus Notes/Domino platform. I earn my living through this and i badly want to contribute something to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment