Friday, December 24, 2010

Fourth week in Independent consulting

I am already in the 4th week in my new Independent consulting role and would like to say i have thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the key reasons I prefer this, is every single second of the clock is yours and you decide what you want to do with it. I didn't had much chance to connect with many of my old friends in the last few years  mainly b'cos of the work commitments etc and one of the first things i did is connecting with them. I am stunned to see many of them in the FB and just repent why i haven't connected with them early.. it's really a fantastic feeling to see your old friends and talk with them. Almost all of them are having cute kids at least 2 and more in some cases :)

As for the work, i am fortunate enough to get some small work from customers and will be getting some additional work in the future (hopefully). The work that i am currently involved is more to do with business process re-engineering and i am currently identifying the as-is business process with the team. There are few other cases i am waiting for the customer's decision. Since this is a holiday season the decision will generally take a while. Having said that, this is just the beginning and i know it's a long way to go from here but i believe that i should be able to do it. If i take a look at the current situation the expenses are more than the revenue that is being generated but it will take a while to turn around the situation.

Having said that, I also get to spend some quality time with my family which i missed to a certain extent in the past. I enjoy being with my wife and kids and all the more since it is school holidays, they are also thrilled at me being with them :)

There is 1 more item, since i have all the time in this world now hopefully that means i can focus more time in blogging as well, pls send me your comments, feedback and i promise i will try my best to incorporate in my blog. Thank you so very much for visiting my site and your feedback / comments are much appreciated. Please drop a note to skumar75atgmaildotcom

P.S. If you are leaving comments in the site, kindly leave your name and URL (if any) so that i would be able to put comments against a name. It's little hard to reply for anonymous comments, am sure you understand what i mean. Please select a profile when you comment and there are options to enter name and URL. Thank you much for your time.

1 comment:

  1. I have been adding Amazon ads lately in to my posts to test waters. In the amazon way, i have the option to choose which ads i choose to display rather than the other way around.

    So far, the ads that i have chosen to put goes with the content i will be writing and the timing. For eg: for christmas season, i have added christmas albums and similarly for other also. I will spend some time before i choose an ad and i prefer to do it.

    If you think the ads are helpful, please let me know also. Thanks

    ReplyDelete